Pages

Sunday 16 October 2016

The Girl On The Train | Movie Review


Well I haven't read the novel yet but I heard it was great. Many compared the novel to the one written by Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl. I loved the movie Gone Girl, so I decided to watch The Girl On The Train while having a quite high expectation; an expectation that the movie would be as good as Gone Girl.

So, was it good? 

Well, I enjoyed the movie. I love the plot and the twist the movie presented. I kept guessing the whole time as who was the real character that killed Megan. I LOVE Emily Blunt's acting, she is such a brilliant actor in my opinion although I do think that her character is quite a nuisance. I mean, she shouldn't have got involved with the murder case from the very beginning. So I was pretty annoyed when she actually did her own investigation to "help" Megan's husband and etc (not gonna spoil it hehe)

So what did I dislike about this movie? It's a slow-paced movie. Everything was slowly unfolded, and then all of the sudden the secrets and conflicts between the characters were revealed quite fast. The movie also focused too much in showing Rachel's thoughts about her surroundings, her observations on people that it somehow turned to be kind of dragging and seems to be quite unnecessary at some point. So I was pretty bored during the first half of the movie.

I don't know, I just feel like there's something missing from the movie. So I had to give it a 6.5/10 rating. It wasn't a disappointment but the movie is definitely not satisfying :)





No comments:

Post a Comment