Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

Travelogue | Turkey Part I - Istanbul

So last year before my second year ended, I promised my mom that I wouldn't travel too often as I should focus on my studies. But yknow how it feels like once you've been bitten by the travel bugs. So since I can't sit still and keep my promise, I've been on trips; one after another since my third year started last September hehe. This time around, it's Turkey turn!


Our trip started in Istanbul and I promise myself (again and again) that I wouldn't splurge too much money on unnecessary things when we go to the bazaars. Well, long story short, I broke that promise the first moment I stepped my foot into the Spice Bazaar. I unconsciously ended up buying six Turkish tudungs, two cushion covers, two boxes of Turkish Delights and a small bowl. I know, what would I need a bowl for? I've been asking myself the same question too. 








We spent the next day exploring Aya Sophia (30 TL), Topkapi Palace (30 TL) and Blue Mosque. Aya Sophia is my personal favorite out of these three. I love the atmosphere and the feel it gave me. For those who don't know, Aya Sofia was first built as a church before it was turned into a mosque. The Virgin Mary and Jesus mosaic between the roundels bearing the name of Allah SWT and Prophet Muhammad SAW is a sign of tolerance between the two religions; Islam and Christian. 







Kucing sombong
Topkapi Palace was located near the Aya Sophia. I'm not a huge fan of museums but I am still interested in this one since it displays important holy relics such as Kaabah's keys, the beard of Prophet Muhammad SAW, the swords of him and his companions as well as the robe used by Fatimah Az Zahra AS. To witness all of these, was just an indescribable feeling. As for the Blue Mosque or also known as Sultan Ahmed Mosque, was the first mosque to be built after Aya Sophia by Sultan Ahmed I. The mosque is located facing straight to Aya Sophia. By the way if you're wondering, it is called the Blue Mosque because of the blue tiles used for the interior and not its exterior.













Photos taken using iPhone 6, Nikon D3200 and GoPro Hero 4

p/s: my prayer goes to the families and friends of those who are affected by the bombing that happened in Istanbul a day after we left. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi , Husna. =) . I've been to Istanbul 4 years ago. And seriously i love istanbul too~ except for their food , hihi... Tak kena dgn taste bud nak sambal jugak =p ... Bila dah pergi grand bazar and spice bazar mmg tak kan keluar dgn tangan kosong ... Have you tried their apple tea ? Sedappppp~ 😊 . And btw , kucing itu mmg kucing di Aya Sofia . Last 4 years pun masa nia dtg , mmg kucing tue , dan ia suka duduk bawah lampu if perasan lah, masa musim sejuk =) , i wish to repeat visit istanbul again . Oh , nia if g istanbul pun borong tudung cotton turkey yg mcm ala-ala pashmina tapi bukan . Serious selesa dan tak panas pakai di malaysia . =) . Salam perkenalan .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha makanan diorang okay, I suka je. And apple tea tu sedappp. I siap beli sebab suka haha.

      Delete