Pages

Saturday 11 April 2015

Travelogue | Croatia Part I

During the trip to Croatia and Bosnia, I encountered quite a lot of first time experience. For example, when we first arrived in Zagreb airport for a transit, both Fiza and I were asked to remove our hijab when we were being checked at the security control. Since it was my first time, I honestly didn't really feel comfortable about it. Another first time experience would be being stared by the locals just because of our hijab. Again, it was uncomfortable but we had to ignore them (it's not like I can go scream and yell at them or whatever).


But despite all those things, I did find Croatia mesmerizing especially its national park. Plitvice Lakes National Park was so beautiful! My breath was taken away at the sight of the clear light green turquoise lakes shimmering in the presence of sunlight on its surface, watching the trees cast their reflections and hearing the sounds of water tumbling on the rocks. It was serene, calming, inviting and welcoming. Darn, I can't explain it with words (although I just did). You really have to go and see it with your own eyes. You. Have. To.


As for other cities, Dubrovnik needs to be on your list if you're planning to go to Croatia. Its Old Town is surrounded by Dubrovnik Walls (entrance fee is 100 kunas) which was built during the 12th to 17th centuries according to, well, wikipedia haha. And if you're a fan of Games of Thrones, you should know that Kings Landing was filmed here in the Dubrovnik's Old Town. Ilham was ecstatic to finally 'conquered' Kings Landing and I was like okay, I'm not a fan of GoT but okayy. Hehe. 


But all in all, I enjoyed Croatia as much as I did in Bosnia. And oh, the fee to enter Plitvice Lakes National Park varies according to months. I think the most expensive time to visit is during August/September (I think it's almost triple the price in March) since it's autumn and the park is the most beautiful at that time of year. Buttt good news is that you can use your student card and get a cheaper price. Hope that makes you feel a lot better :p

No comments:

Post a Comment