Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

Book Buzz: Memoirs of A Geisha


So I bought this book last year but only started reading it last month and all I can say is that Memoirs of A Geisha is a page turner, well, at least for me. I love how the author managed to keep my interest in Nitta Sayuri's life and her journey in becoming a geisha. I also can't help to notice how he used abundant of symbolism, foreshadows and etc in his writing which in my opinion, is brilliant. I used to study Literature and finding all of these in a novel kind of excites me. 

I was so immersed into this novel that I didn't realize that I've finished around four to five chapters in just a couple of hours. So that totally says something considering the fact that I'm not an avid reader. But there are also parts of the novel that I feel like 'unnecessary' and I actually skipped a few paragraphs, but that's just it. Most of the time, I was really into it. 


Overall, I would definitely say that this is one of best novels I read so far, not that I have read too many anyways haha. Rating: 4/5 stars; minus one star since there are parts of the novel that didn't manage to keep me interested for a short while. 


4 comments:

  1. Wah..in english i guess..failed sikit..hehe..simple english tu masih boleh faham tapi kalau dah tinggi sangat english dia feninggg nak fikir apa maksud dia..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I pun tak berapa faham kalau English words yang susah tapi lepas tu I google je meaning dia

      Delete
  2. Wah bestnya akak dapat travel pergi luar negara. Banyak pulak tu tempat akak dapat travel. Hihi. English pun bagus. Nad respect akak! Doakan Nad eh supaya dapat travel pergi luar negara jugak macam akak :) Hee ^^

    ReplyDelete