Pages

Saturday 28 November 2015

Travelogue | Italy Part IV - Rome

'Travel. The world belongs to you' 


We decided to explore Rome starting with the great Colloseum. Going to Colloseum was one of my bucket list as a child, so alhamdulillah it is now ticked off the list. The entrance fee was €12 but if you're planning to come here, try to go as early as possible or else the queue would be very long. And since Colloseum is the main attraction in Rome, so you should expect a lot of people. It is estimated that 3000 people visit the historical building every single day. We finished roaming around Colloseum for for about 2 hours and then we headed straight to the Vatican City to give pope a visit and lepak together. Okay I was kidding. Sorry. We were just simply visiting. I mean how can you not? Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population less than 1000 people. So a visit is a must, plus, we were already in Rome. So why not. 






However the journey was a bit rough. Apparently the metro line that was heading to the Vatican City was closed for some reasons, so we had to take a bus. Can you imagine taking a bus in a city full of tourists and they were all heading to the same destination as we were? Obviously we were totally sardined in the bus. To make it worse, I had to stand all the way through and it took like almost 1 hour to get to the city because of the bad traffic. I was stressed out because of the inefficient public transport in Rome. It's not that I hate taking a bus, but  I wasn't feeling well that morning. So it kinda made me feel dizzy and nauseous because of the smell + heat. 





But whatever, we managed to arrive to the city anyway. So how was Vatican City? Well, it was crowded. Everyone was queuing to enter the museum that I couldn't really tell where the line started lol. We didn't go inside the museum since it cost about €20 I think? Too expensive. Then we headed to get some ice cream at the famous ice cream parlor Giolotti. It costs us €4.50 for three scoops of ice cream. The flavors was a bit overwhelming, so it was just fine. Not that great but it wasn't that bad either. 







This has got to be the steepest escalator I've ever seen!


Later we went to enjoy the view around the Pantheon (while finishing our overwhelming-flavoured-ice cream) and I think that the interior was ah-mazing. But I didn't really take a lot of pictures of it though Hee. Thennn I insisted Hajar and Amiza to go to another famous spot, which is a cafe called Sant Eustacchio. This place is so famous for its cappuccino and espresso that there would usually be a very long queue every day. I ordered the cappuccino for €2.80 (if I'm not mistaken) and it was just perfect. The baristas were friendly too. Such a lovely way to end our trip :)



Soooo that's it! I am so glad that I actually managed to finish this post! No more rasa bersalah for procrastinating and not writing it. These photos were taken using my phone, and I do have a lot more in my camera but y'know, I'm too lazy to transfer them to my laptop hehe. So I guess I'll just see you in the next travel posts. I honestly can't wait for my winter break to come!

2 comments:

  1. the price T_T hahaha patutlah orang cakap kalau kat oversea nak makan or beli apa apa jangan convert. nanti hilang selera. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang jangan convert, kalau convert memang makan maggi jelah sepanjang masa haha

      Delete